01 December, 2010

Drawing Lesson - Portraits


The last lesson from our DVD, "How to Draw Really Well" by Graham Braddock, was a portrait. Needless to say, this was the lesson we all found the most difficult. I did find it easier to draw portraits when we had our live lessons with Graham, rather than watching the DVD. When we had the lesson with Graham in person, we had a large photo of the model on a screen. This meant we could look to the photo itself, rather than just at Graham's version on the DVD. You did see clips of the photo of the model, but it was much smaller.

Here are our portraits of a girl called Emma:


Portraits by (from left to right): Bethany, me, Ainsley.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Rachel,
Just found your blog and love it. so nice to see a fellow kiwi's homeschool blog and who loves Charlotte Mason too. I have a blog I set up for CM teaching too but have been rather hard pressed this year to follow up my blogs so they are a tad dormant at present.
Look forward to visiting with you again.
Oh and I love the sketches. something I need to imlpliment in our lessons.
bye for now,
Sandra in Tauranga

Sheri said...

Wow-that is a great display of talent there-I am going to have to look into that book. I have one that can really draw and another that is struggling. Thanks for sharing that. I am following you now too-your blog is adorable and I also gave you an award! You can pick it up here:
http://cmsampler.blogspot.com/2010/12/versatile-blogger-award.html

Have a great day!
Sheri

Dana Leeds said...

Wow! I'm impressed with the portraits. My dad is an artist and he was teaching me to draw faces when I was little, so I know a little bit about how difficult they are.

Thanks for the comment on my half marathon. It does feel great to have accomplished it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...