15 October, 2010

Book Review: One Hand, Two Hands by Max Lucado, illustrated by Gaby Hansen


I have recently signed up with Booksneeze, to recieve free books for review on my blog.

After a few weeks of waiting, our first book finally arrived. It appears that somehow the small detail of our country of abode had missed the address on the box! The book went all the way to Japan, but eventually managed to find its way to us here in New Zealand!

One Hand, Two Hands is a gorgeous, hardcover book written by Max Lucado. Aimed at pre-schoolers, the book tells about how little hands can used practically in everyday life, then goes on to give suggestions on how little hands can be used to bless others, thereby also glorifying God. Written as a poem, it lends itself to memorisation:

"Button your shirt. Tie your own shoe.

Play in the band! Do-dee do-dee-do!"

and

"One hand, two hands, five fingers, ten...

God, thanks for my hands. Please, use them again."

The watercolour illustrations by Gaby Hansen are just beautiful. This book would make a great gift for a pre-schooler; my littles really enjoyed this book, and I'm sure it will become a favourite read aloud.

Disclaimer: Booksneeze have sent me a complimentary copy of this book. I am under no obligation to publish a positve review, and the opinions expressed are entirely my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...